Testers needed: New passwd/group handling in Cygwin
J.H. vd Water
henri.van.de.water@xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 18 19:08:00 GMT 2014
Hi Corinna,
>> After I had set up /etc/nsswitch.conf as follows
>>
>> db_enum: files
>>
>> the output of getpwent and getgrent looked "familiar" to me. (though the
>> output of 'id' is not).
>
>In how far? Did you read my text in terms of how user and group names
>are created? The leading separator char for builtin groups is an SFU
Read and understand your text completely? No.
>thingy. If it's too disturbing we can discuss changing that, but right
>now I'm still looking for some kind of similarity.
What I meant was:
The output of 'id' in my "regular setup" shows:
@@# id
uid=1003(Henri) gid=513(None) groups=513(None),0(root),544(Administrators),545(Users)
The output of 'id' in the "test setup" shows:
$ id
uid=1003(Henri) gid=513(None) groups=513(None),0(root),545(Users),4(+INTERACTIVE),\
11(+AuthenticatedUsers),4095CurrentSession),66048(+LOCAL)
To me the second output is different - but perhaps it is not.
Henri
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list