Cygwin 1.7.28 (64bit) and Vim 7.4 build from source create SEGV when writing to a file.

Tue Feb 25 15:21:00 GMT 2014

On 2/25/2014 3:10 AM, Thomalla, Martin wrote:
> Hello,
> in order to get additional features into vim (lua and python) I need to
> build it from source.
>
> So I have downloaded the source and gcc through the cygwin setup-x86_64.exe
> and build vim from source.
>
> $ cd /usr/src/vim74
> $ ./configure --enable-luainterp --enable-pythoninterp --enable-multibyte
> --enable-gui=no --without-x --prefix=/usr
> $ make && make install
>

> When I open a file in which the lua interpreter is used by a plugin
> (neocomplete:[https://github.com/Shougo/neocomplete.vim]), make a change in
> the file and save the file with :x I get this error:
>
> Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
>
> Vim: Finished.
>
> The file is saved succesfully. It does not matter if I open the file from
> the command line or within vim
>
> $ vim ~/file.hs
> $ vim
> :edit ~/fils.hs
>
> Both lead to the error
>
> When I open the file within vim with :edit or from the command line and save
> the file with :w, vim crashes again
>
> Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
>
> Vim: Finished.
>
> but this time the cygwin bash shell does not respond anymore. It only
>
> I have attached the output of
>
> vim --version
> gcc --version
> cygcheck -svr

A quick review of the files you've provided and your description of what
you've done doesn't raise any red flags.  I'll suggest trying to remove the
Cygwin-provided VIM packages to be sure there is no collision/interaction.
If that doesn't work, I'd recommend debugging the problem directly with gdb.

--
Larry