Reduce noise in dependency declaration during uninstall in setup.exe

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Thu Jan 23 16:32:00 GMT 2014

On 1/23/2014 08:18, Cliff Hones wrote:

> One solution to this would be to reimplement it as two separate parts

Please don't hijack this thread.  It is about adding a feature to
setup.exe.  Replacing setup.exe isn't even on the table.

For what it's worth, though, there've been a bunch of attempts at
replacing setup.exe.  I could probably dig half a dozen attempts out of
the archives.  (Not just vague maunderings, I mean actual working code.)
  All have either fizzled or been shot down.  Another reason not to
derail this thread: history says it's probably a waste of time.