Windows 7 64 Bit - Mounting Network Drives

Damian Harty Damian.Harty@polaris.com
Fri Jan 24 14:00:00 GMT 2014

> Remove the above mount points, exit your Cygwin shells, and try again.  If the H and Z drives still don't show up under your /cygdrive prefix, they are probably not really mounted in your Windows session.

OK, so back to where I started. A virginal /etc/fstab once more.

Windows Explorer readily shows drives H: and Z:. That looks like they "are really mounted" to me, but I wouldn't know what constitutes a rigorous test or even what the definition of "really mounted" actually is.

I read quite a lot of the documentation, but I am out of practice reading unix documentation these days.

When I plug in a USB drive, Windows immediately mounts it as E: and Cygwin can see it no problem.

Damian

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.