Windows 7 64 Bit - Mounting Network Drives

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Jan 26 06:20:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Damian Harty!

>> Can you please do the following commands in order (native windows console
>> preferred, but not necessary):
>> net use

>     % net use
>     New connections will be remembered.

>     Status       Local     Remote                    Network

>     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Unavailable  H:        \\brt1itssrv003\homes\daharty
>                                                    Microsoft Windows Network
>     Unavailable  Z:        \\wym1itsnas001\cae3\adams_db
>                                                     Microsoft Windows Network
>     The command completed successfully.

That's <somewhat> normal in certain network setups, but only until you first
access the network drive in Explorer.

>> subst

>     % subst

>     %

>> cd /cygdrive/h

>     % cd /cygdrive/h
>     /cygdrive/h: No such file or directory.

>> explorer H:\\

>     (opens the drive correctly)

The "thing" should now work as normal, but...

>> Close the window in either case. net use; subst; cd /cygdrive/h (does it work now?)

>    2nd lap exactly reproduces the results of the first lap.

That sad to know...
I'm, unfortunately, out of ideas.
Perhaps,
cygcheck -srv