Updated Cygwin yesterday, makewhatis is not present on my system

Chris J. Breisch chris.ml@breisch.org
Wed Jul 2 14:09:00 GMT 2014

Hello Andrey,

Wednesday, July 2, 2014, 8:37:11 AM, you wrote:

> Greetings, Chris J. Breisch!

>>> Ok, I think I have figured it out.  Will the now unnecessary files
>>> created by "makewhatis" be purged or overwritten by mandb?

>> Oh, that's a good question about the unnecessary files. I should add
>> that cleanup to the install scripts, since it obsoletes man.

> Actually, I think it should be added to man obsoleting package, rather than to
> an install script of some unrelated package. Even if that package is, in fact,
> supercede the first one.

Yes, I thought about that. The problem is that it won't help upgraders
to  new  versions  of  mandb.  Since  the  obsoleted package will have
already been removed. I'll have to give this some thought.

--
 Chris J. Breisch