timeout in LDAP access

Denis Excoffier cygwin@Denis-Excoffier.org
Tue Jul 8 19:34:00 GMT 2014

On 2014-07-07 13:07, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> For enumerating a non-primary domain, I get exactly two calls to
> cyg_ldap::open which actually do a connect.  The first call opens the
> domain for enumeration.  The second call opens the primary domain (NULL)
> to fetch the POSIX offset value for the foreign domain (see my document
> explaining the POSIX offset stuff), unless the application or one of
> its parent processes already fetched the POSIX offset for this domain.
>
> I don't observer any further calls to connect in this scenario.

In your preliminary documentation (your message dated 2014-06-25, please
correct "seet" in it), trustPosixOffset is "some arbitrary 32 bit value",
ie including 0.

In your code (fetch_posix_offset), td->PosixOffset is used to record the
value and also (when 0) to record that the value has still not been
fetched.

I have encountered this case in real life. The domain admins have set
the trustPosixOffset of the secondary domain to zero. This value is therefore
never recorded and the cldap->open occurs again and again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Denis Excoffier.