using make without cygwin terminal

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Fri Jul 11 01:00:00 GMT 2014

On 7/10/2014 16:14, Robert Pendell wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Okan Erat wrote:
>> Dear Cygwin users,
>>
>> winbase.h(1011) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function
>> 'InterlockedIncrement' not allowed
>
> Those errors are not coming from cygwin make.  That's coming from VS6
> make.  Cygwin make doesn't have errors formatted that way.

Nope.  Microsoft make is called "nmake.exe", not "make.exe".  The errors
are coming from cl, the Visual C++ compiler.

The only reason this isn't off-topic is that the same makefile is being
run by Cygwin make in both cases, according to the OP.  He may be wrong,
but I think it's got to be something a bit stranger than a simple typo
in the command.

> With that in mind Visual Studio is a Microsoft product and not really
> supported here.

It's on-topic if the problem is happening via Cygwin make in both cases.
  The OP should go the extra mile to make sure that that is in fact the
case.