Simplify AD integration?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Wed Jul 30 22:20:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Andrew DeFaria!

>>> I guess I was just curious as to what the package name might be...
>>> NIS? AD
>>> or ActiveDirectory or CygwinUserIntegration...
>>
>> The implementation is part of the Cygwin DLL so it lives in the cygwin
>> package.  That's why Corinna was directing you towards the Cygwin snapshots
>> page.

> Ah yes. That makes sense I guess. But does this mean that things will
> come in with the base package like /etc/nsswitch.conf, etc?

No(*), but you may use it.

*) "No" in sense that it will work with default settings out of the box, at
maximum providing a template /etc/nsswitch.conf file for possible
customization.
Right now, I'm running with bare hands (no /etc/{nsswitch.conf,passwd,group}).
And I like how it works so far.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...