RemoteServerAdministrationTools problem

Tue Jun 3 16:36:00 GMT 2014

On 06/03/2014 12:50 AM, John Bianchi wrote:
>> On 06/02/2014 07:09 PM, John Bianchi wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I can get output in cygwin from this call but cannot pass args to this
>>> command:
>>> ==================================================================
>>> $ dsquery user
>>> "CN=...."
>>> .... <snip>
>>> "CN=...."
>>> ==================================================================
>>> lists CNs but not all of them in lower OU's, you will need to call
> dsquery
>>> w/args for that.
>>
>> Sounds a bit like <https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2014-02/msg00334.html>
>> to me.  Take a look at the entire thread and the reference to the original
>> patch that began this journey.
>>
>> --
>> Larry
>>

> I've tried Cygwin 64bit 1.7.30 and the commands work like they used to in 32
> bit Cygwin.
>
> Not sure if the thread you provided covers this as there is no "=" passed
> here.

OK, looking at your original message again, I misinterpreted the results.

> I also dont call cmd.exe as I call the dsquery.exe directly in a cygwin
> bash sehll.  Was there other changes made that affect this?  Reading that
> thread seems the changes are made ... no talk of reverting... so is 64 bit
> gonna get broken next?  Why isn't 64 bit the same, ie have the same problem?
> Shouldn't they be the same? Did that change not get made in the 64 bit version
> of cygwin?

OK, this is interesting.  I can't explain this offhand.

This sound a bit like the age-old problem of Windows programs not
understanding Cygwin ptys but that's nothing new and I'm not aware
of any recent changes myself that could have a bearing.  Given that
and other details you've provided, I don't believe this is the same
issue.

Aside from this set of Windows tools, can you reproduce the same behavior
with some more commonly available and more compact utility?

--
Larry