Package file lists archive

Steven Penny svnpenn@gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 04:29:00 GMT 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> If you want to experimentally figure out how many warnings you get,
> please go right ahead and continue with this style of communication.

Really, I can do without veiled threats. If you are going to ban me or whatever,
go ahead and do it.

I have brought some constructive criticisms of this project with the hope of
starting a discussion around fixing/improving certain issues. Instead I am met
with brick wall attitude and threats of being pushed off the mailing list.

My suggestion has merit: Debian is no niche operating system and "apt-get" is no
niche package manager. To look to them for "how it should be done" or
"one way to do it" is not a mistake in my opinion. However I am met with this

> And, frankly, I think it's a bad idea to keep a monolithic list of
> packages available for people to download anyway.

Which is little more than your opinion with no explanation or citations as to
why it is a bad idea. If it is such a bad idea, why are these major Linux
distros using it?