Cygwin needs a man-db port

Chris J. Breisch chris.ml@breisch.org
Sun Mar 16 11:43:00 GMT 2014

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> The "relocation truncated to fit" gcc error message on 64 bit systems is
> a red herring.  It's in fact just what it says, there's an undefined
> symbol.  Off the top of my head I don't know where ck_assert_failed is
> defined, probably some library, but the leading underscore is suspicious.
> The 64 bit ABI does not prepend underscores to symbol names as the 32
> bit ABI does.
>

> Corinna

Ok, this was my fault. Not wanting to overwrite the existing install of
"check" since I was testing, I put it in /usr/local. I then neglected to
add /usr/local/lib to my LIBRARY_PATH. _ck_assert_failed is the name of
the function, complete with leading underscore. When I allowed the
linker to actually link against the correct version of the library,
things worked much better.

I then ran into the following error:
Running suite(s): Basic
/home/Chris/Stuff/non-GNU/libpipeline/build/tests/./.libs/basic: can't
execute sh: No such file or directory
87%: Checks: 8, Failures: 0, Errors: 1
../../libpipeline-1.2.6/tests/basic.c:170:E:clearenv:test_basic_clearenv:0:
(after this point) Received signal 11 (Segmentation fault)

That's the only failure. 6 other tests pass.

I'm not yet sure why it can't find "sh" unless it's not looking in $PATH
or $PATH has been obliterated somehow.

Still digging...

--
Chris J. Breisch