Public key authorization problem with latest snapshot

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Wed Mar 19 19:35:00 GMT 2014

> On Mar 19 11:37, Ken Brown wrote:
>> Here's some more weirdness involving the recent changes to exception
>> handling on 64-bit Cygwin.
>>
>> I have an ordinary user kbrown and an administrator user
>> kbrown-admin. I use the following command to simulate "su":
>>
>>    ssh kbrown-admin@$(hostname) .
>>
>> With the current (2014-03-18) x86_64 snapshot, this doesn't work if
>> I try to use public key authorization.  I simply get a message
>>
>>    Connection closed by fe80::81db:bf3a:6434:6015%11
>>
>> and I'm not even prompted for my passphrase [*].  But if I move my
>> id_rsa and id_rsa.pub out of the way, I'm prompted for a password,
>> and I can login successfully.
>>
>> Reverting to the 2014-03-17 snapshot fixes the problem.
>
> I just checked in a change.  Please give it a try.  If this doesn't work
> either, I don't know how to proceed.

This fixes the public key authorization problem, but the timeout during
the starting of gtk applications is back.  The "window-default" program
from the other thread is still a test case for that problem.

Ken