Re: gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 21:45:00 GMT 2014

On 20/03/2014 15:41, - - wrote:

> I use PyCharm for Python programming and installing packages. PyCharm uses the pip command to install any package.
 > I recently needed to install a package that needs to be build.
 > I learned that I needed to install cygwin in that case.

which package  ?

> Here is the deal:
> I try to install a package that needs to be build
> and end up with this error message (64 and 32 bit)
> ---
> D:\Programme\cygwin64\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Users\...
>      gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’
>
> ---
> D:\Programme\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Users\...
>      gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’
>
> Please help, Google returns nothing regarding that error! I feel like I am the only person in the world with that error :(

there was at least another one

The -mno-cygwin option was removed long time ago and only available in
the gcc-3.x or before

Never saw before the "-mcygwin" that I suppose was just doing
the reverse so the default in cygwin . Just try removing it.

from your output "D:\Programme\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O
-Wall -IC:\Users\..." it seems that no one updated that package
  build system by very long time..

Regards
Marco