usefulness of symlinks

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 15:10:00 GMT 2014

On 25/03/2014 02:09, Linda Walsh wrote:
>    I wouldn't call any of it a high priority item, as I doubt I'll
> use 32-bit as much... but I probably will try the GLgears on 32-bit
> to see if that still works there (as it doesn't on 64-bit -- gears
> display but don't move, but window the gears are in is a directX
> window -- 'FRAP' (Frame Rate util) displays a counter  in the window
> which it only does in directX mapped windows (showing 30FPS -- it's
> an LCD so doesn't need or benefit from 60).
>
>    If it does work, I might want to continue 32 bit just for
> the X-stuff until the 64bit gets sorted out... I know everyone is
> doing whatever they can to make things work and all things can't
> be done at the same time....  It's just that my linux distro's (opensuse)
> desktops are all opening up GLX enabled windows -- so w/o that
> working no remote desktop usage.  ;-(
>
>    I was just pluggin cygwin, today over it's X-server for people
> wanting a remote access to their opensuse desktops, and were talking
> Xming... I know cygwin's GLX used to work... oh well.  Maybe just
> a 64-bit thing.

This really reads like you've tried one GLX client (glxgears), seen that it
apparently isn't working, and decided that GLX doesn't work at all.

This is not true.  Please stop spreading misinformation.

If you have a specific GLX client which doesn't work (apart from glxgears,
which I have addressed in your other thread on the subject), please report the
problem in sufficient detail for me to try to reproduce it.

Thanks.