launching sh/bash from windows console (cmd) results in application Segmentation Faults

Wed Mar 26 19:50:00 GMT 2014

On 3/26/2014 1:35 PM, Scott Mitchell wrote:
> ==Problem==
> When launching cygwin bash shell from windows command prompt (cmd)
> then applications run by bash very frequently crash with Segmentation
> Faults.  When this occurs applications that are launched by the shell
> are not cleaned up after the shell session terminates (for example
> ssh-agents and ssh processes remain and must be killed in task
> manager).  This is also a problem when using cygwin from other shell
> environments such as console2 and conemu.

Do you have the same problem with Cygwin 32 bits?  How about with
the current Cygwin package (1.7.28) with either 32 bits or 64?
I had no problem running this on 32-bits from W7 x64 with 1.7.28.

--
Larry