Setting up Apache2 with mod_perl and Apache2::AuthCookieLDAP

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Wed May 7 19:13:00 GMT 2014

On 5/7/2014 6:23 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>> Goal: Set up Apache2 on my Windows laptop with mod_perl working as well
>> as Apache2::AuthCookieLDAP and write an example login page that
>> authenticates to Active Directory using AuthCookieLDAP.
>
> Little bit OT: Is this necessary to set up Cygwin Apache/Perl?

I view my development environment as "Linux". When I don't have bona
fide Linux at my fingertips and they shove a Windows box under my
keyboard I rely on Cygwin to provide a "Linux-like" environment. True
it's not strictly "necessary" to set up a Cygwin Apache/Perl but it is
what I'm best familiar and comfortable with.

>> First problem (minor): I can't figure out how to install Apache2 as a
>> Windows service. For now I can just do apachectl2 start but would like
>> to configure it as a real service. I've tried:
>
>> Adefaria-lt:cygrunsrv -I httpd2 -d 'CYGWIN Apache2' -p
>> /usr/sbin/httpd2.exe -a '-DNO_DETACH'
>> Adefaria-lt:net start httpd2
>> The CYGWIN Apache2 service is starting.
>> The CYGWIN Apache2 service could not be started.
>
>> The service did not report an error.
>
> What's in Apache logs?

Nothing!

> I suspect Apache was running at the time.

I just checked. Shut down Apache. Cleared the logfiles. Did net start
httpd2. Errored out. Checked the logs - they're empty.

>> Adefaria-lt:grep -i 'addhandler cgi-script' /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
>>       AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
>> Adefaria-lt:cat ~/web/test.pl
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> It is long (like, 10-15 years long) since recommended to use filters instead
> of handlers.
> I.e.
> AddOutputFilter Perl .pl
> AddInputFilter Perl .pl

I've always just used the handler.

>> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
>
> print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";
>
> Read http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-4 pretty please.

Normally I use CGI and call start_html. This script I just grabbed off
the net as a simple test. Note that LF works just find and CRLF does not
seem to be required.
--
Andrew DeFaria
http://defaria.com