More testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration

Henry S. Thompson ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue May 13 18:00:00 GMT 2014

Corinna Vinschen writes:

> On May 13 17:29, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>> Any trivial way I can test that I am actually _getting_ identities
>> via the new route?
>
> Call `id' :)

OK, so that does yield. . .rather different results than it used to.

Poking around with id compared to the the contents of /etc/passwd
(from mkpasswd) and also compared to what my x86 install (not using
snapshot) does, I see one glitch and one difference:

Glitch (also true for x86 1.7.29-2):
  id returns effectively immediately for all users and non-users _except_:
   > time id Administrators
    uid=544(+Administrators) gid=544(+Administrators)
    groups=11(+Authenticated Users),544(+Administrators)

    real    0m2.296s
    user    0m0.015s
    sys     0m0.015s

Difference:

 [x86 1.7.29]> id TrustedInstaller
   uid=4294967294(TrustedInstaller) gid=4294967294(TrustedInstaller)
   groups=4294967294(TrustedInstaller)

 [x86_64 snapshot]> id TrustedInstaller
   id: TrustedInstaller: no such user

That's all I've found, happy to try other tests anyone can suggest.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk