Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Nov 4 16:21:00 GMT 2014

Ken Brown writes:
> That's now what I see here, unless I'm badly confused about what POSIX
> sort order is.  I did an update a few days ago in which the
> postinstall scripts were run in the following order:
>
> update-info-dir.sh
> autorebase.bat
> wget.sh

Yes you are right.  Sorry, I should have looked at it more thoroughly.
Anyway, I still think that we'd either should special-case autorebase
(like I do locally for this and other reasons) or introduce triggers and
trigger dependencies to setup.  That would also make the texlive
postinstall a lot less time-consuming.

Regards,
Achim.