[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.33-0.6

Christian Franke Christian.Franke@t-online.de
Thu Nov 6 06:40:00 GMT 2014

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi Cygwin friends and users,
>

> I just released a 6th TEST version of the next upcoming Cygwin release,
> 1.7.33-0.6.

Looks good so far.

An observation from my first test on a machine which is member of a domain:

mkpasswd -l and -L always print the HOST prefix.
mkpasswd -d and -D never print the DOMAIN prefix

This likely would break creation of local 'technical' user accounts in
existing *-config scripts (possibly including the csih script):

e.g.:

   $ net user cyg_server PASSWORD /add
   $ mkpasswd -l -u cyg_server >> /etc/passwd

Result:

   $ id cyg_server
   id: cyg_server: no such user

   $ id THISHOST+cyg_server
   uid=....

Now on my wishlist: an nsswitch.conf option to change the 'print prefix'
behavior for machines in a domain.

Christian