Should the group of my user be None?

Theodore Si sjyzhxw@gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 03:36:00 GMT 2014

Thank you for your replies.

The permission of files under ~/.ssh can't be changed to 600 when their
group owner is None. I have to chgrp -R Users (or Administrators, or any
other group name other than None) ~/.ssh to make it possible to run
chmod on them. I suppose this is a bug of cygwin on Windows 8/8.1 ?

I changed my GID in /etc/passwd from 513 to 544 to make my primary group
Administrators. Now the group owner of the files are turned to ????? .
Is it OK to do this?

在 11/9/2014 11:33 AM, Theodore Si 写道: