how to embed shell script within a .BAT file

Mike Brown brown@mrvideo.vidiot.com
Mon Nov 10 00:35:00 GMT 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 12:58:07AM +0300, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Nellis, Kenneth!
>
> > I'm tired of creating pairs of script files:  a clickable .BAT file
> > to invoke my shell script and then my shell script to do the actual
> > work.
>
> google: cygwin shell wrapper script
> I posted mine in the mailing list not once, and it's not the only available
> solution.

I'm curious.  Why go through all of what you wrote when all you need to do
is execute the shell script?  I'm a Z-shell user and have a bunch of scripts
that I run.

Maybe the secret is not to try and start a script from within a command prompt.
Start cygwin xterms.  I have two that I start up after booting the system.
The scripts are in my home/bin path, so they are found.

It is as simple as that.

It is true that they are not "clickable," but entering the script name in
the xterm also allows me to also include parameters/options.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com | vidiot@vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII
        6082066843@email.uscc.net (140 char limit)       \ / Ribbon Campaign