RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Tue Nov 11 16:55:00 GMT 2014

On Nov 11 17:44, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >> Looks good, but maybe allow the AD attribute to be explicitly named (e.g.
> >> cygwinHomeDirectory).
> >
> > Cygwin schema extension? :)
>
> I don't see why not, given that there's the possibility of having
> different information for Windows, Cygwin and UNIX in the same AD.

It's a bit complicated.  You need a way to distinguish the name of an
attribute from simple values like "home", or "cygwin" as Andrey
proposes.  My simply Cygwin-internal LDAP interface has no way of
providing arbitrary attribute strings either, so that needs to be
extended first.

Microsoft themselves use XML strings in some attribute blobs for
TS settings and stuff, so maybe the description field should be
sufficient.  I'm wondering if we really need other attributes then.

> But
> more realistically, one of the extensionAttributes that Exchange plugs
> in anyway could keep that information.

I have no experience with Exchange, so I can't tell.

Corinna

Red Hat