RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Thu Nov 13 09:06:00 GMT 2014

On Nov 12 21:51, Habermann, David (D) wrote:
> > current scenario.  Besides, it is nice to have the Cygwin HOME
> > directory isolated to the Cygwin installation for a portable install
> > that can be used on a USB thumb drive.
>
> I hadn't even thought about thumb drive/portable use since I hadn't
> used mine for a while.  I, too, will have to work around any change to
> the current home directory location in order to continue use.  For the
> moment at least we can always fall back onto specifying these things
> in the passwd file, although I already like the new AD system and hope
> I don't have to abandon it.

The idea of this discussion is to find a solution which works for
everybody.  In theory, the default should work for all or at least most
home users.  For AD environments I expect that admins already know that
a bit of tweaking is required, here I'm looking for something which
doesn't make the job too hard.

Corinna

Red Hat