locale -uU in ~/.profile

Achim Gratz Stromeko@NexGo.DE
Wed Oct 1 07:31:00 GMT 2014

Eric Blake <eblake <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Sounds like cygwin's base-files should be updated to guard
> cygwin-specific .profile contents to only occur when uname says it is
> running on cygwin.  I'm sure the maintainer would love patches...

I'm listening... although default ~/.profile only gets installed if it
wasn't previously existing and I know of no other system that would
explicitly guard their default files for the possibility that these would be
shared with other systems (except the SunOS->Solaris transition).  Another
(or even better) option would be to move these kind of local setup into
/etc/profile.d.

Regards,
Achim.