Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?
Ken Brown
kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Oct 31 20:47:00 GMT 2014
On 10/31/2014 3:56 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2014-10-31 14:35, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 10/31/2014 12:59 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
>>> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
>>>> Because of this dependency line
>>>
>>> This issue is back again, now with
>>>
>>> bash
>>> _update-info-dir
>>> texinfo
>>> perl
>>
>> This is a side effect of the fact that I switched to cygport for
>> packaging when I took over as texinfo maintainer. cygport (correctly)
>> detected perl as a dependency because texinfo provides perl scripts. In
>> fact, the most important program in texinfo is /usr/bin/makeinfo, which
>> is a symlink to a perl script.
>>
>> I'll wait for guidance from above before doing anything about this.
>
> Fedora splits out texinfo into 3 packages:
>
> 1) texinfo: makeinfo, texi2any, pod2texi, /usr/share/texinfo,
> /usr/share/info/texinfo*
>
> 2) info: info, infokey, install-info, /usr/share/info/info*
>
> 3) texinfo-tex: texindex, texi2dvi, texi2pdf, pdftexi2dvi,
> /usr/share/texmf*/tex/texinfo
>
> In this setup, only 'info' would be required by _update-info-dir and should not
> have any Perl dependencies. texinfo would be in 'Devel' and would have Perl
> dependencies, while texinfo-tex would also have texlive dependencies.
Sounds good to me. I'll repackage within a few days. Thanks.
Ken
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list