Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd

Achim Gratz Stromeko@NexGo.DE
Tue Sep 2 11:52:00 GMT 2014

Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> nexgo.de> writes:
> - Windows Server 2012R2 64bit running on hardware
> - domain member
> - Cygwin 32bit (latest snapshot from 2014-08-31 w/ AD integration)
>
> can anybody confirm they have gotten sshd successfully running?  As far
> as I can debug this, the sshd I have installed goes through all the
> motions of checking and setting up the environment, but any process it
> then spawns to actually run my command or shell immediately exits.

The server I was testing this on had to be re-installed for reasons
unrelated to Cygwin, so I've had a fresh start.  The issue remains the same
however: I have successfully set up an sshd for both a productive 64bit
Cygwin and a separate 64bit build environment and can use them both in
parallel.  The 32bit build environment works just fine in an RDP session,
but I can't make the 32bit sshd actually start programs.  As before, it
validates the user logging in successfully and then fails to start the
program requested.  The failure is the same for a local account and a domain
account and regardless of whether I try to log in from the outside or via
localhost.

Regards,
Achim.