reran Setup: /etc/profile: line 136: /usr/bin/hostname: No such file or directory

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Sep 7 06:12:00 GMT 2014

Gerry Reno writes:
> Reran setup on a XP machine this afternoon (Base only) and when I bring up a cygwin term I see this:
>
>     /etc/profile: line 136: /usr/bin/hostname: No such file or directory
>

> Previously:
>
>     $ which hostname
>     /usr/bin/hostname

Previously, this was in coreutils, but is now provided from another
package.

> Today:
>
>     $ which hostname
>     /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/hostname

You are missing the hostname package.  Since that package it is in Base,
it should be installed automatically.

So somehow you've managed to update coreutils, but not install hostname.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: