changing cygdrive prefix in fstab has no effect

Wed Sep 10 02:17:00 GMT 2014

On 09/09/2014 08:03 PM, Mitch Deoudes wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> @Linda:
>  >> Have you tried 'mount -h'?
>
> Yes - I believe I mentioned it above.  Changing the prefix via mount does
> not seem to survive between sessions, on this install.
>
> @Andrey
>  >> Simplest would be to just reboot the box to be absolutely sure.
>
> I believe these boxes have been rebooted multiple times, and I've
> double-checked the contents of /etc/fstab & they match what I posted
> originally.
>
> It's almost as if /etc/fstab isn't getting read at all...

WJFFM.  Does it perform any differently if you have a mount file per user
in /etc/fstab.d?  Can you find any clues in the mount table documentation?
<https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table>

Perhaps cygcheck output as specified by the link below would provide
some ideas.

Larry