[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka@mhoenicka.de
Mon Sep 22 14:21:00 GMT 2014

At 2014-09-13 18:21, Ken Brown was heard to say:
> The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution as
> test releases:
>
> *** emacs-24.3.93-3
> *** emacs-X11-24.3.93-3
> *** emacs-w32-24.3.93-3
> *** emacs-el-24.3.93-3
>
> Emacs is a powerful, customizable, self-documenting, modeless text
> editor.  Emacs contains special code editing features, a scripting
> language (elisp), and the capability to read mail, news, and more
> without leaving the editor.
>
> This is a pretest of the upcoming emacs-24.4, patched to make emacs
> use Cygwin's malloc instead of the one provided by emacs.  See
>
>   http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18222
>
> for details.
>
> This patch has been applied upstream in the emacs development trunk
> but not in the emacs-24 branch, so it will not be included in the
> official release of emacs-24.4.  Nevertheless, I would like to include
> it in the emacs-24.4 package for Cygwin if it gets enough testing to
> convince me that it's reliable.  Emacs users are strongly encouraged
> to test it and report any problems.

Hi,

I still get the crashes related to a suspected stack corruption with
this version. This new version was most likely not intended to address
this problem, but I thought you might be interested anyway. I'll post
the details to the Emacs bug list, as usual.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka