rsync and Cygwin..
Steven Dennis
nzdreamer55@gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 17:19:00 GMT 2014
Thanks for the help. The files on my ubuntu server are there for a
while and often don't change but more files will get added. The files
on my home computer I move from the rsync target folder to do other
things with. I was hoping that if the files were copied one time from
my ubuntu server that I could some how tell rsync not to copy them
again. I don't have a lot of computer experience so any solution will
have to be super easy or at least a lot of explaining.
Thank you again for the reply
-S
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Eliot Moss <moss@cs.umass.edu> wrote:
> On 9/23/2014 11:01 AM, Steven Dennis wrote:
>>
>> This might not be too related to Cygwin, but not sure where else to
>> ask about stuff in Cygwin.
>>
>> I am running rsync from a ubuntu server and my home computer to copy
>> files from the server to my computer. I want to set up rsync to run
>> every hour as files on my ubuntu server change. If I move the copied
>> files on my home computer that rsync copied, will rsync recopy them
>> the next time it is run?
>
>
> This is about rsync, AFAICT, not really about cygwin-specific
> behavior, but what do you mean by "moved"? If rsync does not
> see a target file, then yes, it will copy it (again, in this
> case). That's just how rsync works. What were you hoping
> for? Maybe there's another tool that will do it ...
>
> Eliot Moss
>
> --
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>
--
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list