Cygwin64, 'unzip -d' misbehaviour vs. Cygwin32

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:39:00 GMT 2014

On 30/09/2014 10:36, Wladimir Mutel wrote:
>      Dear Marco,

Bottom post only and stay on the mailing list, please.

> 1. please try to unpack .zip archive with full absolute path specified
> (i.e. starting from /cygdrive/N)

as mentioned, it makes no differences

$ unzip
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
-d /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo
Archive:
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
   inflating: /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo/USBDeview.exe
   inflating: /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo/USBDeview.chm
   inflating: /cygdrive/c/temp/pippo/readme.txt

> 2. please try to unpack it into temporary directory generated by 'mktemp
> -d'
> their path start from /tmp and so require resolution through mount table.

$ mktemp -d
/tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232

$ unzip
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
-d /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232
Archive:
/cygdrive/e/downloads/software/windows_utilities/usb/usbdeview-x64.zip
   inflating: /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232/USBDeview.exe
   inflating: /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232/USBDeview.chm
   inflating: /tmp/tmp.vtQwN9a232/readme.txt

> 3. it is not very clear from your example that your archive
> usbdeview-x64.zip is stored outside of /cygdrive/c/

both origin and destination are outside on cygwin tree.

>> works fine for me on any relative or absolute destination

Regards
Marco