Adding font path to X server

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Wed Apr 1 07:23:00 GMT 2015

Boylan, Ross writes:
> I did see your answer, and it worked!  Thanks very much.

Great!

> I now have a very simple .startxwinrc.  I noticed the default one does a
lot of stuff.  Should I try to include it
> or copy from it?  Is it getting sourced automatically anyway?  It looked
as if the system startxwinrc
> sources the user .startxwinrc, hence my thought that it might be running
anyway.

'man startxwin' probably answers your questions better than I could.  You
can always try putting whatever commands you want in your .startxwinrc and
taking out those that turn out to be unhelpful.  It's just a file of
commands.  People customize it to fine-tune their X Window Experience (tm).

..mark