1.7.35: possible backspace key and arrow keys bug

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Wed Apr 8 22:16:00 GMT 2015

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 09:42:55PM +0800, George jiang wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am using a thinkpad laptop preinstalled win8 system, later
> upgraded to win8.1. I installed the latest version of cygwin, found
> when using vim editor can not backspace to delete characters, press
> the arrow keys appear 'A', 'B' and other characters. I follow the
> online presentation solutions, copied from a vimrc_example.vim ubentu
> system files to / home / xx folder and renamed .vimrc, the results
> still does not work. I ask this is a bug it? Please help.

You've really not given us much to go on here.  For a start, it would be
really useful if you could read the problem reporting guidelines at the
link below, which will point you at the various bits of information that
we'd need to be able to work out what's going on.

In particular, we need exact step-by-step instructions of what you're
doing, the behaviour you're seeing, and how that differs from the
behaviour you'd expect to see.  That way we can tell you whether what's
happening is a bug or not, and if it is a bug, we'll be able to do the
same things ourselves so we can see exactly where the bug is to fix it.