xterm fails after update cygwin

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Apr 9 12:59:00 GMT 2015

On 09/04/2015 01:40, tmacchant wrote:
>> DISPLAY=:0.0 makes me to see xterm!
>
> Note that so far I can share Cygwin/X for both 32 bit and 64 bit.
> But now it should be started separately
>
> (I am using both 32 bit and 64 bit version because I'm providing cvs
> snapshot of gnuplot on both 32 and 64 bit.)

Because 32-bit and 64-bit cygwin are completely independent, it's not
possible for a a 32-bit cygwin X client to connect via a unix-domain
socket to a 64-bit cygwin X server (and vice versa)

So if you want that to work, you will have to use and allow TCP, as
described in [1]

[1]
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-local-noncygwin-clients-cant-connect

--