[TESTERS needed] New POSIX permission handling

donmez ismail@donmez.ws
Sat Apr 11 17:11:00 GMT 2015

Hi,

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> Hi folks,
>

> I just applied a patch I'm working on for quite some time now.  As I
> outlined before on this list, the POSIX permission handling has aged
> considerably and, for historical reasons, did things differently
> dependent on the calling function.  I took the time to reimplement the
> core functionality to handle all ACLs as strictly following POSIX ACL
> rules as possible.

I tested the updated package and at least quilt and mutt seems to broken by
the permission changes:

[~]> quilt new foo
cat: /tmp/quilt.mwTVWM: Permission denied
Patch patches/foo is now on top

And running mutt results in:

"Error creating temporary file /tmp/mutt-...."

Rolling back to an older snapshot fixes the problem.