Problem using svn 1.8.13 accessing UNC network pathes under cygwin 1.7.35-1

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Sat Apr 25 18:24:00 GMT 2015

On 4/24/2015 8:53 AM, Tobias Nähring wrote:
> Hi,
> I am experiencing the following problem again:
>

> 2013-07 msg00376.html
>
> UNC paths are not recognized by svn.
> The double slash at the beginning of UNC paths gets lost:
>
> svn status -u //servername/some/path/under/svn
> svn: warning: W155007: '/servername/some/path/under/svn ' is not a working copy

I'm the maintainer of svn and libapr1. I'm sure there is a bug in there
somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it myself. I don't use svn
much and don't have much free time, so I don't expect to investigate this.

If you want to provide a patch to fix the problem, I'm willing to run
the libapr1 and subversion unit tests with it.

Otherwise, I suggest you mount the UNC path through /etc/fstab and use
the mount point instead of the UNC path with svn.

hacker, n.:
        A master byter.