cygwin <at> cygwin.com

Achim Gratz Stromeko@NexGo.DE
Tue Aug 4 07:44:00 GMT 2015

Nicholas Clark <nicholas.clark <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I remember seeing a bunch of traffic on the subject of rebasing a few
> years ago, with people saying that it wouldn't be necessary once we
> moved over to 64-bit Cygwin. Did that wind up being true?

Rebasing is still done on both 32bit and 64bit, but it's automatic now.  As
long as you don't install things around setup, you should not need to care.

> I've got some in-house tools that some of our developers want to use
> on Cygwin, and I've been thinking about the best way to maintain
> remote installations. If I use some kind of scripted
> deployment/update, do I actually need to keep everything rebased?

See above.  As long as you package your inhouse stuff so that setup installs
it along with the rest of Cygwin, you don't need more than a wrapper around
the call to setup.

Regards,
Achim.