cygwin ssh login long login delay while showing "last login"

Peter fomember@freenet.de
Thu Aug 6 15:29:00 GMT 2015

I have installed the cygwin ssh daemon on my w7 box with cygwin64.

When I try to login I always get a long delay or timeouts on the client
side.

I get quick response for the password and then a showing "Last login: ..."

At this point the connection hangs for about 30s to 1min before I
finally get a login .

This is what it shows when I try to do an ssh to my local host from my
local host:

$ ssh testuser@myw7host
testuser@myw7host's password:
Last login: Thu Aug  6 12:46:23 2015 from 128.139.80.101

The password request and the Last login is almost instant but then it
hangs for about a minute before I get the login .

I also tried to ssh testuser@localhost or testuser@128.139.80.101  but
the effect is the same.

How can I troubleshoot the issue?

Peter