vsnprintf error compiling

Eric Blake eblake@redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 12:31:00 GMT 2015

On 08/25/2015 05:29 AM, Kizito Porta Balanyà wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build the new version of monit (5.14) in cygwin, but I
> get the following error executing configure:
>
> autoreconf -i -f && automake -acf && ./configure
>
> checking vsnprintf is c99 conformant... configure: error: in
> `/tmp/monit-5.14/libmonit':
> configure: error: vsnprintf does not conform to c99

Show the relevant portion of config.log, that shows the program that
monit attempted to compile, and the compiler error.  Most likely it is a
bug in monit's configure.ac, and not in cygwin.

> Is cygwin GCC c99 conformant? I'm totally lost, perhaps what I say has
> no sense.

Yes, cygwin's compilation of vsnprintf is supposed to be c99 compliant.
 But without seeing why monit claims it is not, I can't state
definitively if that is the case, or if monit has turned up an actual bug.