TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.10

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Fri Dec 18 15:58:00 GMT 2015

Hi
> - A new mount type "usertemp" has been introduced, which allows to mount
>    a POSIX directory to the Windows per-user temporary directory:
>
>      none /tmp usertemp binary,posix=0 0 0
That's a nice feature. I wonder, though, how the ordinary user, or the
user with Linux/Unix background, would become aware of even the
existence of that feature (so not necessarily studying the documentation).
I would suggest to add a commented line to /etc/fstab which documents it.

Based on similar consideration, by the way, I am not happy with the
disappearance of /etc/passwd and /etc/groups altogether. Last time I
looked on SunOS, there were at least dummy files with two comment lines
giving a hint on how this would be configured in a network.

Kind regards,
Thomas