perl version error

Achim Gratz Stromeko@Nexgo.DE
Wed Dec 23 10:23:00 GMT 2015

Am 23.12.2015 um 00:45 schrieb Ken Brown:
> I'm trying to build biber-2.3 as a packed perl archive for upstream TeX
> Live.  I'm getting the following error:
>
> /tmp/parl4zru: Perl lib version (5.22.1) doesn't match executable 'perl'
> version (5.22.0) at /usr/lib/perl5/5.22/x86_64-cygwin-threads/Config.pm
> line 62.

What Perl version is listed at line 62 in that Config.pm file?  What
exectuable does perl.exe link to and is the cygperl5_22.dll file
up-to-date?  You might want to reinstall perl and perl_base.

> Can any of the perl experts explain what might cause this?  Might it
> mean that Cygwin's perl-PAR-Packer needs to be updated for perl 5.22.1?

Maybe, although I'd consider it a bug if it's barfing on a minor version
update since there is no binary or API incompatibility among minor
versions (as long as they're built with the same options of course).
I'm not sure what it's really doing on Cygwin...  In the context of
Cygwin I'm not sure what benefits if any packing would have.  Keeping
the distribution unpacked seems far more manageable.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)