make android device file system visible as unix path

andy AndyMHancock@gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 08:11:00 GMT 2015

Warren Young <wyml <at> etr-usa.com> writes:

> > On Feb 13, 2015, at 7:20 PM, andy <AndyMHancock <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > My Moto G connects to the laptop via USB, and can be seen using Windows
> > Explorer.  Is there a way to make it visible as a Unix path?  /cygdrive does
> > not show it.
>
> Are you including the drive letter?  If it’s the G: drive in Windows
Explorer, you need to say something
> like “ls /cygdrive/g”, not “ls /cygdrive”.
>
> If it isn’t appearing as a drive letter in Windows, they’re probably using
some kind of Explorer shell
> extension, which would mean the device isn’t visible through normal
Windows mechanisms, hence not
> visible to Cygwin.

It doesn't have a drive letter in Windows Explorer.  The name is simply
"Moto G".  When I "ls /cygdrive", I see on the c-drive.  I think that the
handset's visibility to Windows Explorer is based on MTP USB, but that's
just something I'm learning about right now.