ssh-host-config script sends /etc/passwd thru awk

Wed Feb 18 11:15:00 GMT 2015

On Feb 17 16:22, Warren Young wrote:
> > On Feb 17, 2015, at 4:02 PM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Feb 17 15:51, Warren Young wrote:
> >> It seems that the ssh-host-config script isn’t using Corinna’s new
> >> getent package yet.
>
> > Both scripts are using geten or mkpasswd/mkgroup.
>
> I was sure I looked into my local copies before answering that
> question.  Maybe I had old versions?
>
> An /etc/passwd containing only an sshd user certainly does seem like a
> fresh install of 1.7.34, with the entry coming from ssh-*-config,
> though, rather than an upgrade from pre-.34.

It's a bit confusing to talk about the Cygwin version when this is
only about openssh and the csih package.  I'm really busy with other
stuff right now.  I quickly scanned the ssh-*-config scripts again
and they never write a passwd entry so, if anything, it's a problem
in the csih helper script.  Does anybody want to inspect
/usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh for this?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat