Setup and perl

Wed Feb 18 18:47:00 GMT 2015

On Feb 18 16:01, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Achim Gratz wrote:
> >Sort of, now that you say itâ the test version of perl does require
> >perl_base as a dependency, but that requirement also carries to all
> >other versions unfortunately.  I'll upload an empty package for current.
> >
> >As for perl_autorebase, it does not matter which version you install and
> >the perl_autorebase-001001-1 package will be removed soon.
>
> Maybe I am wrong, but things seem a bit strange.
>
> I run setup and choose Exp. In Pending it says that 001001 is currently
> installed and proposes 5.14.4-3. OK I install this 5.14.4-3.
>
> Re-run setup and Curr/Pending re-proposes 001001!

Because 001001 is a bigger version number than 5.14.whatever.  The
mechanism is based on version numbers and if "Curr" is bigger than
"Test", then "Curr" will be chosen unless you explicitely check the
"Exp" check box.

Achim, can you please remove the 001001 version?  The new mechanism
requires a much stricter adherence to ascending version numbers.

Corinna

Red Hat