Cygwin Shell Fails to Start when Enabling High Address

Benjamin Cao becao@progress.com
Tue Feb 24 21:33:00 GMT 2015

Hi,

I had to enable high address for some machines for testing. I set the AllocationPreference registry key to be 0X100000.

To start by Cygwin shell, I have a script that does this:

@echo off
set CYGWIN="nodosfilewarning"
sh --login

The error I will get when trying to start the shell is this:

1 [main] sh 5648 c:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - internal error reading the windows environment - too many environment variables?

If I leave the CYGWIN variable unset, it will work fine. My concern is that when and if I come across an instance in my testing where I NEED the CYGWIN variable set, this problem will come up again. Are there any tips I can user to further investigate this issue?

Thanks,
Ben Cao