slow startup after upgrade

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Feb 26 10:46:00 GMT 2015

On 2/25/2015 2:20 PM, Roger Orr wrote:
> Good work -- at least in my environment ;-)
>
> 20150225 DLL:
> mkgroup 0.63s
> mkpasswd 0.289s
>
> compared to
>
> 20150220 DLL:
> mkgroup 45.8s
> mkpasswd: 4572.7s
>
> Output is
>   mkgroup: 53kb, 681 lines
>   mkpasswd: 132kb, 1081 lines.
>
> And the output *is* the same :-)

Can somebody summarize where we're at here. I've been noticing all this
email about slow startup and I'm excited by the inclusion of domain
accounts using /etc/nsswitch.conf, etc. I downloaded a newer version of
Cygwin a few weeks ago (I'm seeing 1.7.34) and I experienced the
slowdown myself. Unfortunately I'm too busy to actively participate but
it looks like some good progress has been made. Should I update or is
everything still in snapshots?

Thanks in advance.
--
Andrew DeFaria