[ANNOUNCEMENT] -- merging win-env vars into post-'login'-wiped-ENV

Linda Walsh cygwin@tlinx.org
Thu Jan 15 18:53:00 GMT 2015

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jan 14 19:39, Linda Walsh wrote:
>> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>
>>> - When spawning a process under another user account, merge the user's
>>>  default Windows environment into the new process' environment.
>> ----
>>
>> 	Will this affect using inetd to spawn rlogind => login.
>
>   https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-12/msg00013.html
>   https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-12/msg00102.html
---
	*pong*.... sorry, missed that message (it wasn't in my
spam folder, it was in my cygwin folder.......which claims it has
over 1000 new messages (out of 2184)....sometime I don't read them
all?

Note -- this is more likely to happen if I'm not one of the
recipients (on 'To', or 'Cc' line).   Mail directed to me
ends up in a much, lower-volume 'inbox' (one where the person
actually responded to me).    Vs. message only sent to the list
I somtimes miss unless I remember to look for it.

will try to install the new one and see if it still happens...

Thanks!