mintty system integration before release

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Fri Jul 3 08:08:00 GMT 2015

On 01.07.2015 12:47, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 27 17:59, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> I think it's sufficient for this project to have one of issue tracker or
>> mailing list/forum, not both. And an issue tracker has the valuable
>> advantage that you can close issues...
> Mailing lists allow discussing stuff before formally requesting
> something via issue tracker.  E.g, user problems can be both, a user
> just having a thinko or a bug.  ML discussions help to find out and
> avoid spurious issues in the issue tracker.  Also, many people happily
> report bugs on mailing lists but don't want to be bothered with
> issue trackers which you have to login to.
Sure. My assumption was that cygwin@cygwin.com would be a good place for
occasional questions of that kind.
Also I had somewhat associated the google groups list with the closing
google code area but that's probably not proper.
If you prefer to divert traffic off this list, I'll reconsider. Also, if
people start discussions on the old list, I can still mention it on the
homepage.

I have a package now to publish but need to find a timeslot to fiddle
with the lftp upload...

Thomas
(wondering why my responses get lost if sent from one of my machines...)