autoreconf: problem while executing

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Jul 4 16:40:00 GMT 2015

On 7/4/2015 12:19 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> why have you installed everything ?
>
> your system :
> $ grep OK cygcheck.out |wc -l
> 5301
>
> my system:
> $ cygcheck -cd |wc -l
> 1304
>
> so you have 4 time more packages then me and I am a heavy user.
>
> I strongly suspect that you consumed all available
> address slots for rebase, so the forks are almost impossible.
> May be on a 64 system it will work, but on 32 bit you have an issue.
>
> on my 32 bit system all the addresses from
>   $ rebase -si | awk '{print $3}' |sort | head -n 1
> 0x3d730000
>
> to 0x6fff0000 are busy.
>
> Please check the output of
>     rebase -si | awk '{print $3}' |sort | head -n 1
>
> or look for the lowest address using
>   rebase -si |less
>
> I suggest you to remove most of  not necessary programs.

In particular, he should not install more texlive-collection-* packages than he
thinks he will need.  Even without fork problems, zp_texlive_finish.dash takes a
long time to run if all texlive collections are installed.

In addition, he should run 'rebase-trigger full' and stop all Cygwin processes
(including services) before re-running setup-x86.exe, so that the autorebase
postinstall script will do a full rebase.

Ken